Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Angler Reviews.....

Only a month and a half left before the trip and we have a big group this year (sans Big Fish apparently).  Time to get working on these Angler reviews.  I will take time during my busy conference call schedule to get these done.  I will work from the most rookie to the most veteran as best I can remember.  Please note, the order of these reviews are not at all based on ascending order of fishing ability.  You will be able to tell this because Trent and Bob will be the last two to be written.  To be honest, I already have Trent's written in my head.

We will start with the only first timer on this year's trip....

Will E.

Will will (I have always wanted to type that) have the same thing going for him that every other rookie that ever attended this trip has; The Rookie Fortune.  They always catch at least one big fish.  His captain has a year of boat captain under his belt so he should be in better shape than Connor was on his first trip.  He shouldn't have to deal with broken rods, fish being cut in half by the prop, and so on.  I was present for his first spinning reel lesson and if that is any indication, Will is going to have a good week.  Connor caught a walleye in his first 10 minutes with a line wet so he will have some pretty big shoes to fill.  I have no doubt Will will (twice!) win at least one fish pot this week and there is almost a 100% chance of him winning Rookie of the Year.  The experience of learning to prepare a mixed drink will almost be as valuable as the fishing experience he gets.  He may not end up winning fisherman of the week but he will contend for fish pots on a daily basis.  Welcome Will, to a trip I hope you look forward to year after year the same way I do.

4 comments:

  1. As long as he learns to be quick with the net, I will consider it a good 1st trip for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All kidding aside, I expect that Will will have a great time and do well. Just keep him out of the candy or the quiet kid you all met at the Canada meeting will be bouncing off the cabin walls and talking nonstop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want candy Will in my boat. It will take me back to the days of fishing with Aaron when he was little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete