Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Angler Spotlight: Trent

I don't even know what to type. My guess is it'll be another year of him holding up the other end of someone else's stringer but here it goes...

The miracle of birth caused Trent to miss his first trip last year since the age of 6. He will tell you at one time he was a couple votes shy of becoming Camp Director (a failed takeover on his own father I might add), and that since the vote didn't go his way, he named himself co-camp director.

You would think a person with a self-important title like this would have the river mastered and be bringing in quality fish left and right. Not so. I think it was 30 trips before he ever boated a walleye over 20 inches.

Missing a year puts a different perspective on this trip, though. I think Trent is refocused on relaxing and not putting so much pressure on himself to deliver or deserve his self-appointed title. I can't go all crazy and say that Trent is going to win Big Walleye of the Week but I think there are big things in store for him this year.

Prediction: If he can overcome the talent of his boat partner, and the pressures that will surely be placed on him to keep up, I think Trent is a serious contender for Fisherman of the Week.

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY AWARD PREDICTIONS; LOANING OF EQUIPMENT, SERVICES, ETC. HELPS. I ACCEPT Tail Dancers, gas tank fillup, cooler stocking OR THE LIKE.

3 comments:

  1. trent, I hear caught an 18 inch smallmouth at the gravel pit. now he has caught a 20 inch walleye and a nice smallie - not a bad showing for 36 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you guys keep running your mouth I might change this trip from relaxation to a business trip. When that happens that is when I get serious. I have always prided myself on making sure that everyone had a good time. This year I could care less. It is every man for himself. This is the year that I make a statement- I am the best fisherman and the rest of you are fighting for second place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax Trent, The Angler Spotlight is going up pretty soon for the old guys. That will shift some of the attention away from you. I wonder if Aaron even cares about this trip. He hasn't weighed in on any of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete