Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Predictions for 2009

It would seem there are some high expectations for this years trip. Trent thinks a 24" walleye is in his future. Bob thinks we are leaving at 6 am. Both of these situations in my opinion have the same likelihood of happening. With that being said, here are my predictions for this year:

Big Walleye of the Week - Andy
  • Back in the early 80's we made a trip in June and a youngster, not unlike Andy, caught a 25 incher at the moose stand. I think this puts destiny firmly in Andy's court.
Big Pike of the Week - Larry
  • In all my minutes of blogging, this was the hardest thing I have ever had to type. I figure no matter who is forced to have him in their boat is going to suffer through the hardship of watching him drag those Erie Dearies all over the bottom of that river and he is bound find one of the larger ones.
WTF Award - Aaron
  • I have no reasoning other than:
  1. This gives me a 20% chance of being correct
  2. One of them has already won the award in the past.
"The Give a Kid a Fish" award for the weeks worst fisherman - Trent
  • Ordinarily this award automatically goes to Steve or Bob in the "I haven't caught a walleye all day" boat, but they are getting split up this year and I think this lessens their odds.
  • Why Trent? - Do you remember throwing pennies into the bottom of the pool and just wanting to dive down to get a penny but there was always a kid who was a better swimmer who got all the pennies? That is kind of how Trent's boat will be this year. He won't be able to get any pennies.
Fisherman of the week - Ryan
  • I started the blog...and I have mad, crazy skillz.

Other predictions? Let's have em.

Your Canada Trip related Video of the day

3 comments:

  1. got my passport card yesterday, so I,m ready to roll. need to check my shaving kit to see if my three lures are still in there.Camp might have a little rust on it due to lack of use for 2 years.
    I predict no tractor and the pump won't start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I would rather have a tractor than water. I think it is a good thing there is a group in there the week of the 8th. Rodney will probably be there that whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully no one is believeing a word of this crap. Just because Ryan created the blog doesn't mean his words should be held on some sort of podium. It wasn't that long ago that I almost had enough votes to become camp director. If I don't start seeing some positive posts about me, I'll see to it that the tractor isn't running and that everyone, except myself, is fishing down below this year.

    ReplyDelete