Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Canada Has Taught Us

Over the last 30 years I have learned a few things during my trips to the great white north. Here is a list of the ones that stick out the most.

1. Not everyone is capable of driving a boat while standing up.
2. Not even a hook in the thumb can prevent a bowel movement.
3. Pike are slimmy, and even more so once you get them in the boat.
4. There is no sense in buying good pliers, they all end up in the river sooner or later.
5. Ice at the chutes is over rated.
6. The older you get the less fish you catch.
7. Green poker chips do look green after a few drinks.
8. There's nothing better than a hot hamburg.
9. The bigger I get, the smaller the shower seems to get.
10. Bob will never stop trying to smuggle Black Velvet into Canada.
11. Rodney is a unique individual that I would never mess with in an ax fight.
12. Troy sure does get pissed when you don't net his fish.
13. Steve can only handle gin and tonic in moderation.
14. No matter how many times you sweep out the cabin, there is still going to be sand in it.
15. My wife will never stop giving me shit about going on this trip.
16. I'm really good at blocking out my wife's voice.
17. The hill to the cabin keeps getting longer and longer.
18. If I try really hard enough, I believe I could fly the plane.
19. This trip wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if it wasn't shared with friends and family.
20. There will never be another Nelson, Andy, and Jerry.

4 comments:

  1. 8,13,14,15,16,17,19,20....Amen.

    Mussels in shoes are gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Canadian Breathalyzers are crap.
    -Aluminum Boats were made for water
    -Pushing yourself out into the river above the chutes to recover a 3.00 lure is a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21: some people should never sleep on the top bunk.
    22: Steaks are best when cooked over hot rocks.
    23: Horseshoes is a dangerous sport.
    24: several things will go wrong on each trip.
    25: Make sure you have your wallet when leaving a store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #21 Made me laugh
    #25 One of the top 10 Canada moments ever.

    26 GM Fuel Gauges are crap.

    ReplyDelete