Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

Angler Spotlight - Aaron H.

When I started thinking about this trip, I was fully prepared to make Aaron or Bernie the odds on favorite for FOTW.  Then the meeting happened and I learned Bernie is not making the trip. Some quick, camper math told me Aaron was most likely fishing with Larry.  Thusly, the days of him being the favorite ended.  Fishing with Larry brings a whole new set of challenges that will be very difficult to overcome.  If the most recent Erie trip is any indication, they will fish about 2 1/2 hours each day and call it quits.  Aaron will get tired of using the bad end of the worm, taking Larry's fish off the hook, hooking the umbrella, not to mention, who is Captaining that vessel?  I have written off the possibilities of FOTW for Aaron.  Heck at this point, I just hope he comes back next year.    Aaron always seems to catch decent sized fish show I can't discount the fact he will have some fish pot money at the end of the week, but fishing with Larry seems like a lot to deal with to keep it at a consistent enough level for FOTW.  Good luck, Aaron.  I think I speak for the camp when I say, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate the kind words and the sympathy with reguards to Larry as a boat partner. It is true that I was disappointed that Bernie decided not to make the trip north and I would either have to drop out or fish with Larry. Now don't take this wrong, but I can fish with anyone as long as they know how to haul anchor and I figure even Larry can handle that. The way I see it is that it will be Larry that has the tough week..he won't have Cody to do it all for him. I won't make his peanut butter sammich, nor do I bait his hook and take off his fish. FOTW would be a high honor, but being the humble lowly Hillbilly fisherman that I am, I can handle the disapointment of finishing second. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, if you work hard and earn Larry's admiration he might do something nice for you like not screw you out of all your worldly possessions. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. It is important to remember that when he starts asking questions like, "how much you want for that hat?", it is always best to make him give the first number.

    ReplyDelete