Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Angler Spotlight - Ryan C.

I am not sure who has more trips me or Aaron but I know you have all probably been chomping at the bit to read this so here it goes.  I just don't see it in the cards.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not questioning my ability.  But 2011 was a banner year.  I am not sure anyone has ever won FOTW on back to back trips.  That 31 inch walleye (on an 1/8 oz jig) was a sight to behold even if only two people were able to behold the sight.  The pressure of living up to the bar you set is a lot.  Couple that with what will most probably be multiple boat partners, part-time captaining, full-time camp feeding, part-time Gin rationing, part-time alarm clock for Aaron, part-time motor instructor so Uncle Bob doesn't have to paddle back from the minnow traps.  Whew...the camp directors think they have a lot to deal with?  How am I supposed to repeat the performance from 2011 with all that going on.  I will give it my best shot and my name will be in the discussion at some point during the week but it just seems like a lot to expect that type of repeat performance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha....you are all a bunch of suckers.  Of course I am going to win.  I actually feel a little bit bad for you and the disadvantage you start off with.  Hell, I feel a little bit bad for myself taking the award away from Senior Citizens, family and the occasional cripple.  But I am going to do it anyway and the way I figure it, there is only one person in my way.  We'll see who that is.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting and damn fine reading, but one has to wonder, is it autobiographical or extrordinarily fantastic fiction? Hmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People can decide for themselves but the last time someone questioned my prognostication (I am looking at you, Bernie) I had the last laugh. Time will tell. Let the beatdown commence in 23 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just threw-up in my mouth. The only thing I learned from this was that you just jinxed yourself. Prepare for the worst year you've ever had. After next week's practice session up north, I should be favorite for FOTW.

    ReplyDelete